I made the base using my usual, many times tested methods. I started from cutting to the size piece of styrofoam, in which I carved out two indentations for placing tracks. Next, I added 3 small pieces of styrofoam to create small uphill. Before moving to the next step, I primed it to seal all the pores.
After this, I covered terrain with putty, correcting shapes as needed and adding some textures. To speed up the whole process, I added to putty some AK Interactive Mud colored wash, which eliminated need of painting any base colors.
When putty was almost dry, I started placing rocks. The ones I used here, came from my yard :)
To make sure they are all secured I used extra thin super glue.
When main layers of pigments dried, I added some more pigments to add color variety, and also to blend in tank's tracks into surroundings.
Sherman M4 Early is officially done!
I hope you like it... Any comments are always welcome.