Thursday, February 2, 2012

1/35 M4 Sherman Early Tamiya - Workbench

Upon one of my friends request, I decided to deal with Sherman in 1/35th scale, and M4 Early made by Tamiya landed on my workbench. 
Assembly did not present any surprises and went on quickly and smoothly. After having Sherman assembled, I applied two light coats of grey primer, to improve surface adhesion. When it was dry, I accented shadows and panel lines (pre-shading) with Vallejo Black Primer.
Whenever we see Sherman, most of us think Olive Drab... Since I wanted something different, so I chose two tone camouflage as seen during Italian campaign.
For the base colors I choose Tamiya paints. Firs I applied Desert Yellow (XF-59) with some Buff (XF-57) highlights.


Then I applied the second tone, with use of Olive Drab (XF-62) and some addition of Khaki (XF-49)


And final summary of this phase




To be continued...


2 comments:

  1. RIGHT INFO AT RIGHT TIME my Friend The colors are just what the Dr ordered like the Camo scheme
    This is going to be a really great build from the master again.
    Cannot wait for your magic touch with the weathering.
    Thank goodness ''NO-OLIVE DRAB''
    Herman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Herman for your kind comment. This time I wanted to get away from super accurate detailed build, and just focus on paint job. I'm glad you already like the initial paint job, but it will go a bit further later on.
      Unfortunately next Sherman will be OD...

      Delete